Thursday, July 17, 2008

Been away awhile, whats new?

Busy Busy!
It was mentioned to me that I haven't blogged in awhile and yes that is very much true. At my new digs at Ping Golf, we have been busy with a very large project of deploying our Business Automation software at our Japan facility. While a large project that involved tons of coordination and rework was actually a lot of fun; in some aspects it reminded me of my early days at ISV's.

I'd like to comment on something that is interesting. Way back in the early 2000's; we undertook a localization effort at SalesLogix. While the language was different (Delphi); the effort to localize in C# was very similar. One might have expected that over the last 8 years our industry would have learned something and made the process easier. Granted, we didn't have to worry about things such as AnsiString or the such; but the effort was *not* easier by any stretch.

No comments: