Saturday, May 26, 2012

E-Books

I've been a fan of e-books for quite some time. From epub, to pdf, to Kindle. I was actually an early adopter of the Kindle platform, first owning a 1st gen to the DX model where I happily stay. When it was announced that Ottawa would migrate to e-books I was absolutely thrilled! That is, until I had a class that used them. The company is called CourseLoad and it is more locked down than some IT departments PC's! No copy-paste, printing is throttled, and the resolution is horrible. My thinking is that this is some-kind of anti-theft model; however, the book is auto-charged at registration you don't have a choice. Given my warm-and-fuzzy personality, I have written the company and suggested they enroll in some reader program as their software sucks.

No comments: